Teso Education Fund (TEF) will hold its first conference on education in Teso.
The conference will be on Saturday 10th April 2021, 9:00 AM UK / 11:00 AM Uganda and finish at 5:00 PM.
The conference will be online. This is the Zoom Meeting ID: 975 4333 8124 and Passcode: 017169
- Welcome – Ms Frances Atima, Chair, Board of Trustees, TEF Uganda.
- Overview of TEF and the TEF Scholarship Programme – Dr Patrick Igulot, Executive Director, TEF UK.
- TEF Uganda: achievements, challenges, opportunities, and plans – Mr Peter Okubal, Country Director, TEF Uganda.
- Testimonies from pioneer TEF scholars – Ms Harriet Amoding, Administration Officer, TEF Uganda, Soroti Office.
- Opening: What can Teso elite, and communities do to improve education in Teso? – Hon. Helen Adoa, MP & Minister of State for Fisheries, Government of Uganda.
- Mobilisation for 2022 TEF scholarships – Mr Michael Okwalinga, Trustee, Board of Trustees, TEF UK and Clan Leader, Ateker Irarak Imorio
- What role can cultural institutions play to improve education in Teso? – His Highness, Papa Paul Sande Emolot, Chairman, Clan Council, Iteso Cultural Union, ICU.
- Status of education in Teso – Dr John Ilukor, Makerere University.
- Status of the girl child education in Uganda – Ms Esther Akwii, Chair, Iteso Welfare Association, Uganda / UNICEF, Uganda.
- Soroti University and its contribution to education in Teso – Professor John Robert Ikoja, Vice Chancellor.
- The role of vocational education in developing communities – Mr Bernard Ongodia, Principal, Uganda Petroleum Institute, Kigumba.
- What can religious institutions do to improve education in Teso? – Reverend Sam Ediau, Diocesan Secretary, Church of Uganda, Soroti.
- What role can civic leaders from Teso play to improve education in Teso? – Hon Peter Ogwang, MP and Minister of State for ICT & National Guidance, Government of Uganda.
- Closing: The role of Ugandans in the diaspora in improving education in Uganda – H.E Julius Peter Moto, High Commissioner of Uganda to the UK and Ireland
- Vote of thanks – Mr Leonard Opolot Oguli, Chair, Board of Trustees, TEF UK
To get involved or to share an idea, please email us at [email protected]